About OpSmart INC.
OpSmart INC. is a software company headquartered in the US and operates in four countries with combined 80+ employees, including teams, in all office locations. OpSmart INC. opened its door in January 2012 and has grown exponentially since then. Its main product OpSmart is very famous in the IT industry and it contributes significantly to the company's success and revenue. In addition, OpSmart INC. provides IT solutions and services and develops different types of software and applications.
Our vision is to enable our clients to achieve organizational flexibility and efficiency by transforming fixed costs into variable costs thereby helping them more adaptive in a fast-changing world.
Our mission is to increase flexibility in resource management and reduce response times to major organizational challenges to increase efficiency and allow our clients to adopt a variable cost model thus reducing long term investment fixed costs. What makes us different integration, caring for our clients' reputation and considering our responsibility to represent our clients to their customers essential to our success.
The developer must align with the Architects/Technical design team on the project responsible for the corresponding technical designs to ensure the design is supported by the underlying vendor software. The deliverables are expected to meet high-quality standards.
The ideal candidate will understand configuration management principles. They will perform the necessary tasks to design and develop configurations and customizations for component discovery. Must be able to work both independently and as a productive member of a project team. The position requires the candidate to work closely with key client stakeholders and senior technology leaders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the technical specification and implementation of the ServiceNow integration
- Provide expertise on all technical questions related to the development carried out on ServiceNow
- Develop the technical solutions, implements them and performs the component integration tests
- Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes, and build this into the design
- Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for the success of the project
- Expertise level understanding of ServiceNow required
- Expertise level programming skills
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience as a ServiceNow Developer.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- ServiceNow certification is a plus.
- Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementations.
- Experience with other ITSM software (OpSmart, JIRA, Remedy, LANDesk, Cherwell).
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, and IP networks.
- Strong communication, Strong presentation, and writing skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members.
- Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow ITSM modules - Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management or other ITSM applications.
- Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications.
- Exposure to ServiceNow platform capabilities and tools like Discovery and Orchestration and other applications like ServiceWatch, GRC, etc.
- Understands technical and functional design requirements related to ServiceNow. Create and manage scripts and workflow.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle).
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL or CMDB.
- Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs - all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system.
- Customizing ServiceNow using UI Pages, UI Macro & CMS using CSS, HTML, Jelly.
- Custom UI Changes with the usage of Web Technologies such as DOM, HTML changes.
- Experience with ServiceNow’ s ServiceWatch and/or Discovery tools.
- Experience presenting and conducting demo reviews with client stakeholders.